Popular Posts

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Reflecting Upon The Squiggly Road to Publication

For someone whose dream began in the first grade, it has been a very steep and curvy road that has taken nearly 40 years to realize.  I never quit. Oh, I did get discouraged, I even cried when the rejections reached my knee caps, but I never quit. I was just about to, when I got an unexpected blessing in my third husband. He never got behind me to push me, he never stepped ahead of me to pull me when my feet wanted to stay mired in the dark red clay that would have meant defeat. No, he got down on his hands and knees and crawled beside me, or when a little stronger, walked next to me and said nothing but the encouraging words that kept me on the path when I wanted to stop.  

Dreams take work and effort to realize. For some it comes easy, others it is difficult even if you are very good at it. Everyone must pay their dues and carry their share of the load. I had my reasons for wanting to have my dream come true and it wasn't just for me.  I wanted to show my children that, no matter what anyone said, if you worked hard enough and set your eyes on your goal, it could happen for them, for anyone.  Also, I wanted it to happen for my husband. Without him I don't know if I could have made it. Without my mother-in-law and my own mom, I might not have made it either. They are all key in helping me make my manuscripts, not only the best, but squeaky clean when I send them in. 

I always thought I would travel this road by myself and it was hard. In many ways it will always be a trial. However, I am no longer alone on this road. I have a small following and that will grow. I also have the greatest support network in the world in my family. They are strong enough to surround me when I feel I can't take another step and their encouragement carries me over each and every hill to the other side where we can run down the slope laughing and celebrating each success as it happens.

And all of the above was for just one book. I have a lifetime of them to share with the world. Each path should become a little easier, but I will struggle to reach each success as it comes.  Faith in the greatest giver of gifts and all the angels, both heavenly and earthly will surely help me become the successful writer I have always aspired to be.  For you and for me.

Writing is my dream From romance to dragons; fairies to fantasy worlds, this is where I live and play. Thanks be to God! - Lisa Hannah Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment